Cervelo Aspero GRX RX810 Satin Black
HAUL ASS, NOT CARGO A new breed of rider is emerging—one who loves the freedom and exploration that gravel culture was founded upon but who has a hunger to ride hard, to go all out, and to explore not just geography but personal limits. This frontier requires a new kind of gravel machine, one engineered not to roam the trails, but to race them.
For these athletes, Cervelo engineered Áspero for pure, unapologetic speed, ready to take down finish lines, KOMs, PRs, and FKTs. A bike built without limits, for the riders looking to test them. It’s stiff—Classics-racing stiff—and performs like you’d want a road bike to perform off-road. We think that makes sense, and it’s what we were trying to do when we were stuffing bigger tyres into our existing frames and swapping in aftermarket forks to get a 40mm tyre up front.
The flip-chip in the fork—we call it the Trail Mixer—keeps the trail measurement consistent whether you choose 700c or 650b tires. This maintains the bike’s personality and handling characteristics when you switch from mid-fats to full-fat. There are as many different ways to do gravel as there are gravel bikes these days, but if you’re toeing the start line, looking to stay with the lead group, and contend for the victory, Áspero is the bike to get you there.
Trail—front-wheel response to rider input—is the most critical factor in high-velocity handling. Flipping the two-position "Trail Mixer" to compensate for the difference in circumference between a 650b and 700c tire maintains consistent handling by maintaining consistent trail figures.
Cervelo designed Aspero with clearance for up to 700c x 40mm tires or 650b x 49mm tires. Of course, there are variables—rim width, tire casing, and tread depth—which will affect final clearance. We (and the International Organization for Standardization, or ISO), always recommend 4mm of clearance between the tire and frame.
**New Shimano road (not gravel) 12 speed front derailleurs reduce tire clearance in the rear of the frame to 700 x 38c or 650b x 45c..
Stiffness and handling work together to ensure the bike tracks predictably and responds immediately to critical pedal and bracing inputs.
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered Áspero Fork
- Headset : FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2
- Thru Axles : Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, 12x100/142
- Wheels : DT Swiss
- Tyres : Panaracer Gravel King SK Folding 700x38
- Crankset : Shimano GRX 810 48/31
- Bottom Bracket : JY-BB 24
- Chain : Shimano CN-HG701, 11 spd
- Front Derailleur : Shimano GRX 810, 11 spd
- Rear Derailleur : Shimano GRX 810, 11 spd
- Cassette : Shimano HG800, 11 spd, 11-34
- Shifters : Shimano GRX RX810, 11 spd
- Handlebar : Easton EC70AX Carbon
- Stem : Easton EA70 Alloy
- Brake Calipers : Shimano GRX RX810 Hydraulic Disc
- Disc Brake Rotor : Shimano SM-RT800, 160mm
- Saddle : Prologo Dimension NDR T4.0
- Seatpost : Easton EC70 Carbon
- Accessories : Smartpak 400A Top Tube Storage Bag